What is Fastsear.ch?
Fastsear.ch is a suspicious website that functions as a browser hijacker. It can alter your settings in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and other well-known browsers. Its main goal is to generate web traffic and thus earn revenue for its creators. The hijacker gets distributed in free software bundles. It often enters PCs without getting noticed by the computer user. Unfortunately, there is nothing useful about it. If you wish to go back to your preferred settings and eliminate the unwanted advertising content from your browsers, you will have to delete Fastsear.ch.
How does Fastsear.ch work?
Fastsear.ch does not differ much from other browser hijackers. Once it takes over your browsers, it sets Fastsear.ch as your home page and default search engine. The webpage has a search box with such parameters as Videos, Maps, Shopping, Reference, Images, People, and Web. Although the results are powered by Google, you should keep in mind that they may be modified by the hijacker to include its links. You will see other advertising data in your browsers. Various pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads will be shown to you no matter which pages you visit. You should not trust them blindly as they may be unreliable and lead you to corrupted websites.
Other symptoms of the hijacker include redirects to unfamiliar and potentially unsafe websites, Internet connection slow downs, sluggish computer performance, and more. There is one more aspect of the hijacker that you should be aware of and that is the fact that it uses tracking cookies. The hijacker records your browsing details including the sites you go to, the ads you click on, the searches you make, and so on. This data may be used for marketing purposes like creating personalized ads. It may also be sold to third parties. There is no reason why you should tolerate any of the hijacker’s symptoms, which is why we suggest that you terminate Fastsear.ch without hesitation.
How to remove Fastsear.ch?
In order to get rid of Fastsear.ch, you will have to delete its related application from your computer first. Once you do that, you should be able to fix your browser settings. If you choose manual Fastsear.ch removal option, you are welcome to use the instructions we have prepared below the article. If, however, you decide to erase Fastsear.ch automatically, which is a more reliable solution, you will have to implement an anti-malware tool. You can download the malware remover from our page. It will perform a system scan, detect all potential threats, and eliminate Fastsear.ch along with them. The security utility will also provide your computer with real-time online protection thus ensuring its safety from other Internet-based infections.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Fastsear.chUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Fastsear.ch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fastsear.ch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fastsear.ch and related programs.
Remove Fastsear.ch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fastsear.ch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fastsear.ch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fastsear.ch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fastsear.ch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fastsear.ch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fastsear.ch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fastsear.ch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fastsear.ch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fastsear.ch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.