Nelocker is a ransomware type of virus that can encrypt your files. Ransomware viruses are very dangerous computer infections because they take your personal data hostage and then demand that you pay a certain amount of money if you want to get the files back. Usually ransomware victims end up losing their files because they are not willing to pay and there is no other way to restore the files.
And if they are willing to pay, ransomware developers just take the money and not give anything in return. If you fell victim for Nelocker, you’re in luck. There is a decryptor available and it should be able to restore all your files. Before you proceed to do this, you need to delete Nelocker. If you have backup, you can get your files back from there but again, you first need to remove Nelocker from your computer.
How does Nelocker work?
First of all, you need to know how ransomware enters computers so that you can protect yourself in the future. The most common way is malicious spam email attachments. Developers attach an infected file to an email and send it to hundreds of unsuspecting users. When the user opens that file attachment, the ransomware downloads onto the computer and starts encrypting files. Never open email attachments from senders you do not know, unless you first make sure it is safe to do so. Use a reliable search engine to look into the contents and the sender, if anyone has gotten a similar email and ended up infecting their computer, do not open it. One click of a button can have disastrous consequences. We also strongly suggest that you invest in reliable backup. You can never know when something will happen to your computer, so having copies of your files is extremely important.
Once Nelocker downloads onto your computer, it uses the RSA-1024 encryption algorithm to make your files unreadable. Once the encryption process is complete, it will generate a ransom note, in which the victim will be informed of what has occurred. The victim will be asked to pay 0.48307 Bitcoins ($355). They will even provide a manual on how to pay. We never recommend victims to pay because in a lot of cases, the developers just take the money and not give you anything in return. Even if you did have a spare couple of hundred dollars, imagine if a 100 people paid. They would get a huge amount of money and they could develop even more threatening viruses. Therefore, we ask you to never support such criminal activity. Remove Nelocker and you can then proceed to get your files back.
Theoretically, there are two ways to delete Nelocker. The one we recommend is Nelocker removal using anti-malware software. Manually trying to erase Nelocker can cause harm to your computer if you do not know what you are doing. Instructions for how to eliminate Nelocker will be provided below.
Download Removal Toolto scan for NelockerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Nelocker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Nelocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Nelocker using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Nelocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Nelocker
Remove Nelocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Nelocker
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Nelocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Nelocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.