What is Dnsrsearch.com?
Dnsrsearch.com (also known as Timewarnercable.com) is classified as a browser hijacker. It belongs to Time Warner Cable Enterprises LLC. The hijacker is compatible with all major browsers. It changes their settings upon arrival. It aims at generating online traffic and thus making profit for its developers. There is nothing useful about the hijacker to you as a computer user. In fact, it causes quite a few unnecessary disruptions including annoying ads, random redirects, and more. We suggest that you eliminate Dnsrsearch.com from your browsers and go back to your previous settings.
How does Dnsrsearch.com work?
Once the hijacker takes over your web browsers, it sets your home page and default search engine to Dnsrsearch.com. This website has two search boxes and such search links as Travel, Lifestyle, Business, Computer, E Commerce, Shopping, Insurance, and some others. If you make use of either one of the search boxes, you will get relevant results, but they will contain lots of sponsored ads and links. These links may be unreliable, so we advise that you avoid clicking on them. Clearly, having so much of the results taken up by advertising content, which may not even be trustworthy, is not the best way to search for information online.
You will notice other symptoms of the hijacker after it gets installed like it adding commercial data to all pages that you visit. It does not matter whether the site has anything to do with online shopping, the hijacker will still insert advertisements into it. Keep in mind that some of the ads may be customized according to your Internet surfing history. The hijacker tracks your cookies and collects information about your online habits. This data is used for marketing purposes. We advise staying away from all advertisements, no matter how beneficial they may seem, because they are not endorsed by the hijacker and they could be fake. If you wish to eliminate the unreliable ads from your browsers, you will have to get rid of Dnsrsearch.com.
How to remove Dnsrsearch.com?
In order to delete Dnsrsearch.com from your browsers, you will have to uninstall its related program first and then edit your browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or you can use a malware remover and erase Dnsrsearch.com automatically. Manual removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them. If, however, you decide to go with automatic Dnsrsearch.com removal instead, you will need an anti-malware utility. You can download the security software from our page. It will scan your PC and detect all unwanted files and programs. The utility will terminate Dnsrsearch.com and other potential threats. It will also provide your computer with online protection in real time.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Dnsrsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Dnsrsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dnsrsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dnsrsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Dnsrsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dnsrsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dnsrsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dnsrsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dnsrsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dnsrsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dnsrsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dnsrsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dnsrsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dnsrsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.