What is Lock93 virus?
Lock93 virus is a new ransomware type of virus that encrypts your files. It can infect your computer when you open an infected spam email attachment. Based on the ransom note, it seems to target mainly Russian-speakers but it can still affect your computer. When it does enter your computer, in a matter of minutes, it will make your files unreadable.
That is why ransomware is one of the worst viruses you can get. Very rarely do people get their files back. The Lock93 virus developers will ask you to pay a certain amount of money if you want your files back. We do not suggest paying because even if it’s a small amount, you’re still supporting the hackers and their future projects. Ignore their demands and delete Lock93 virus.
How does Lock93 virus spread?
Lock93 virus seems to mainly spread via spam emails. If you check the spam folder, you might notice official looking emails claiming to be from a company or a government organization, asking you to open the file attached to the email. The email could say that it’s an important document that you must look at but do not be fooled. If it’s in the spam folder and from a sender you do not recognize, just delete the email. If you were to open that file attachment, Lock93 virus could download onto your computer and encrypt your files.
What does Lock93 virus do?
When Lock93 virus enters your computer, it will encrypt your files and add the .lock93 file extension to all affected files. Once that is done, it will display a ransom message. The message is written in two languages, English and Russia. Both versions will explain what has happened and what the victim needs to do next. It provides an email that victims need to use in order to get payment instructions. Now, the interesting part is the amount it’s asking for. It wants 1000 ruble, which is around $16.
This is a very small amount of money in comparison to other ransomware, some of them go as high as thousands of dollars. So if you had to get infected with ransomware, Lock93 virus would be the one you want. Having said that, we still do not think you should pay. The thing about ransomware developers is that they really don’t care if you get your data back. What they do in many cases, is take your money and give nothing in return. So even if it’s only $16, please reconsider paying. If hundreds of people payed, the hackers would get a decent amount of money and they could use it to develop even more dangerous ransomware. Ignore their demands and remove Lock93 virus.
Lock93 virus removal
Anti-malware software is needed to remove Lock93 virus. Manual Lock93 virus removal could severely damage your computer so we don’t suggest you try it. Trust anti-malware software to erase Lock93 virus for you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Lock93 virusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Lock93 virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Lock93 virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Lock93 virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Lock93 virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Lock93 virus
Remove Lock93 virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Lock93 virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Lock93 virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Lock93 virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.