What is .MK File Extension?
.MK File Extension is the extension added to files encrypted by a variant of the Purge ransomware. It’s an extremely dangerous computer virus to have on your computer because it encrypts your files and then demands that you pay a certain amount of money if you want your files back. If you’re wondering how you got infected, then you must have opened a spam email attachment. Spam email is the most popular method to spread ransomware. .MK File Extension developers will demand that you pay and they will supposedly send you the file decryptor. In a lot of cases this is not true, as the hackers do not send you anything, they just take your money. Which is why we cannot recommend paying the ransom. Do not pay attention to their demands and remove .MK File Extension.
Why is .MK File Extension so dangerous?
If you have a habit of opening spam emails, you should probably stop. Because this is how you infect your computer with ransomware. An infected file is attached to an email and when you open it, the virus downloads onto the computer. Never open emails from unknown senders, especially if they end up in the spam folder. The senders usually pretend to be from a company or a government organization and try to convince you that you need to open the attachment. One of the most common techniques is to say that the file is an invoice and that you need to review it. Always double check the sender and the contents before you open a file attachment.
Once .MK File Extension starts encrypting your files, you can’t do anything. It will use complex encryption algorithms and add the .MK file extension to all affected files. It will then generate a ransom note, in which the developers will explain what has occurred. You will be asked to pay a certain amount of money. The ransom is different for every ransomware and it’s not yet known how much .MK File Extension wants. But whatever the amount is, reconsider paying. In very rare cases does paying lead to file recovery. Usually, the developers just take the money and then not send you anything. Even if you had money to spare, imagine if a 100 people paid, they would get a huge sum of money. And they could use it to develop even more dangerous ransomware, which you could fall victim to again. Your best bet is to wait for malware researchers to develop a decryptor. Until then, you need to delete .MK File Extension. If you have backup, make sure you first remove .MK File Extension and only then recover your files.
.MK File Extension removal
To delete .MK File Extension, you must use anti-malware software. Manual .MK File Extension removal is too complex for inexperienced users so we do not suggest it. If you do not have anti-malware software, you need to obtain it because it is essential if you want to keep your computer safe.
Download Removal Toolto scan for .MK File Extension VirusUse our recommended removal tool to scan for .MK File Extension Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .MK File Extension Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete .MK File Extension Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .MK File Extension Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .MK File Extension Virus
Remove .MK File Extension Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .MK File Extension Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .MK File Extension Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .MK File Extension Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.