What is OzozaLocker?
OzozaLocker is a ransomware type of virus. It will infect your computer if you open spam email attachments. Opening these kinds of email attachments is very bad practice because most of them are infected with some sort of ransomware. And with just one click of a button, your files are encrypted. That is what ransomware does, it encrypts your files and then demands that you pay to restore them. Fortunately for you, there is a decryptor developed by malware researchers so you can safely restore your files for free.
Even if there was no decryptor available, we would not suggest paying because usually ransomware developers just take your money. There is nothing stopping them from not sending you anything and you should not trust criminals who encrypted your data in the first place. Make sure you remove OzozaLocker and then restore your files with the free decryptor or from backup.
Why is OzozaLocker so dangerous?
Ransomware usually spreads via malicious email attachments. An infected file is attached to an email and sent to thousands of users. It might seem like a legitimate email, saying something like you need to review an invoice or some sort of document. Do not trust emails from senders you do not know. Especially those that strongly encourage you to open the attachment. Always double check the sender and the contents before you open the email attachment. By carelessly opening such emails you are putting your computer in serious danger.
OzozaLocker will use encryption algorithms to encrypt your files and it will attach the .locked file extension to all affected files. Once the encryption process is complete, OzozaLocker will generate a ransom note. The note is very basic and does not contain much information. It just informs the victim that he/she needs to pay 1 Bitcoin ($731). Fortunately, there is a decryptor developed so you can delete OzozaLocker without worry. Most ransomware do not have descriptors developed so users lose their files. In a sense, you’re lucky to get infected with OzozaLocker and not, for example, the notorious Locky ransomware. If that were the case, file loss would be almost guaranteed. Usually ransomware developers demand ridiculous amounts of money and when users pay, they just take the money and give users nothing in return. In any case, you need to remove OzozaLocker and then download the decryptor.
We never suggest manual OzozaLocker removal because it’s too complicated for regular users. It could lead to severe damage to the computer if not done correctly. Which is why you need to use anti-malware software. Anti-malware software is essential if you want to keep your computer safe. Use it to fully delete OzozaLocker and you can then restore your files.
Download Removal Toolto scan for OzozaLockerUse our recommended removal tool to scan for OzozaLocker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like OzozaLocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete OzozaLocker using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove OzozaLocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove OzozaLocker
Remove OzozaLocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete OzozaLocker
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete OzozaLocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete OzozaLocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.