Tagonsearch.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Tagonsearch.com)
Tagonsearch.com is a web browser hijacker that can alter your preferences without your permission. It is aimed at Portuguese speaking computer users. The hijacker spreads online through free software bundles. It does not matter which web browser you use, because it is compatible with all major browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms.
In addition to altering your settings, the hijacker also causes other disruptions like flooding you with ads, rerouting you to unfamiliar domains, and more. If you want to return to uninterrupted online surfing, you should terminate Tagonsearch.com without further delay.
The main difference that you will notice after the hijacker gets installed is that your home page and default search provider have been replaced by Tagonsearch.com. This site does not differ much from other search portals. It has a search box and several search parameters like Web, Images, Videos, and others. If you enter a query into the box, you will get presented with results from Yahoo Search Brazil. Keep in mind that these results will contain sponsored links, which you should try to avoid.
Unfortunately, the advertising data will not be limited to the results page. It will appear on all of your visited websites in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons, hyperlinks, and so on. The adverts cannot be trusted as they are not endorsed by the application. You click on them at your own risk and if they lead you to corrupted pages, you will not be able to blame anyone but yourself. In addition to lowering your online security level, the hijacker will also cause Internet and system slow downs and track your cookies thus collecting information about your browsing habits. If you wish to eliminate all of these symptoms, you will have to erase Tagonsearch.com from your browsers for good.
How to remove Tagonsearch.com?
In order to remove Tagonsearch.com, you will have to choose between two removal options: manual or automatic. If you decide to delete Tagonsearch.com manually, you will have to uninstall the application with which it entered your PC and then reset your browsers. In case you need more details on how to complete these tasks, you are welcome to follow the instructions presented in the manual removal guide below the article. If, on the other hand, you want to not only eliminate Tagonsearch.com, but also make sure that there are no other threats on your computer, you should go with the second option. You can delete Tagonsearch.com automatically by implementing the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your system, detect and delete all potential threats. The security software will also safeguard your computer from other online infections you may encounter in the future.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Tagonsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Tagonsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tagonsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tagonsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Tagonsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tagonsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tagonsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tagonsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tagonsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tagonsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tagonsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tagonsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tagonsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tagonsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.